Summer solstice 2018 arrived with longer days and warmer nights. It’s a great time to experience Berks County events. To kick start your summer fun, we put together a PA Americana Region Great Stuff Summer Challenge. This summer challenge is a checklist filled with weekly activities; everything from adventurous weekends spent outdoors, to staycations with visits to Berks County events and attractions. As you check off the items on your list, we think you’ll agree, Great Stuff Happens Here!
And don’t forget to share your experiences on Instagram by tagging us with #visitpaamericana!
Week 3 Challenge – “For the Kids”
Great Stuff Summer Challenge Week 3 is full of family opportunities to create summer memories and moments with the kids. Use those vacation days to staycation in Berks County enjoying various day activities. With this Great Stuff Summer Challenge you’ll find fun on the farm, on the field, or in front of a family film.
- Orchard Explorers Summer Workshop, July 10th 9:30 – 11 a.m. – Food’s journey from the field to your fork is fascinating! Join in the fun this summer as educator Brandon Hertzler connects children to the wonders of farming through games, stories, and hands-on learning.
- Pretzel Twisting Lessons, July 11th 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Join Tom Sturgis Pretzels for FREE pretzel twisting lessons! Stop in anytime between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. to participate in a hands-on demonstration of old-fashioned pretzel twisting. Enjoy pretzels, fun and FREE ice cream for kids of all ages.
- Tiny Tots Art Camp, July 12th 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – All supplies are included. All you have to bring is your creativity and your love for art!!!
- Family Film Series, July 17th 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – The Family Film Series at Fox East is back with nine weeks of your favorite family movies! There’s a different movie each week, shown at 10AM on both Tuesday and Wednesday from June 12 – August 8.
- Read ‘n’ Pick Story Time, July 18th 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Looking for things to do with the kids on a summer day? Bring preschoolers, kindergarteners and elementary school children to Weaver’s Orchard for Read ‘n’ Pick Story Time, an interactive summer kids’ activity where children hear a fruit-themed story and then pick a container of fruit in the orchard.
- Fightin Phils vs Curve & Fireworks, July 19th 7:05 -10:15 p.m. – Reading Fightin Phils vs. Altoona Curve. Stick around after the game for some spectacular fireworks.