Last Updated August 4, 2020
Governor Wolf put the following guidelines for restaurants into effect on July 16, 2020:
- Occupancy is limited to 25 percent of stated fire-code maximum occupancy for indoor dining, and indoor events/gatherings may not exceed 25 persons. The maximum occupancy limit includes staff.
- Alcohol only can be served for on-premises consumption when in the same transaction as a meal.
- Take-out sales of alcohol for the purposes of off-site consumption are permitted subject to any limitations or restrictions imposed by Pennsylvania law.
- Non-bar seating in outdoor areas (i.e. tables or counter seats that do not line up to a bar or food service area) may be used for customer seating.
- Social distancing, masking, and other mitigation measures must be employed to protect workers and patrons. Prohibition from conducting operations unless the facility offers sit-down, dine-in meals or is serving take-out sales of alcoholic beverages. All service must be at a table or booth; bar service is prohibited.
Berks County Resources
- Berk County Commitment
- Berks County Small Business Restart Loan Program Guidance For Businesses Permitted to Operate During the Covid-19 Disaster Emergency to Ensure The Safety and Health of Employees and the Public