THE BERKS COUNTY COMMITMENT
Welcome to Berks County!
Pennsylvania’s Americana Region has made it our mission to provide a safe destination for everyone. The Berks County Commitment is a promise to businesses make to provide outstanding service in a safe environment to our community and visitors alike. They are taking the following steps to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.
- Maintain aggressive cleaning protocols throughout the facility by cleaning and sanitizing:
- Common areas and high touch surfaces regularly
- Items and places used by other guests after every use
- Administer health surveys to all staff prior to their shift starting
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines established for our facility
- Provide readily available hand sanitizer or hand washing stations
- Train all our employees on the necessary measures that ensure the safety of our guests and staff
- Use masks and personal protective equipment, where and when practical to do so
- Speak with customers directly about questions or concerns
The Berks County Commitment Explained
We partnered with the Greater Reading Chamber Alliance and the County of Berks to create the Berks County Commitment. We asked businesses across the county to sign-on. Participants promise to adhere to the federal, state, and local public health guidelines in order to open their doors to customers safely. Businesses will post the Berks County Commitment at their entrance with information about the measures they are taking to maintain a clean and safe space for employees and guests. These businesses will also feature the commitment on their websites, social media accounts, and other channels. When you see the Berks County Commitment displayed, you know a location is doing all it can to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Likewise, we ask you to wear face masks and practice social distancing when visiting Pennsylvania’s Americana Region for the health and well-being of everyone.
Berks Community Foundation
Reading-Berks Association of REALTORS