Now a living history museum, Old Dry Road Farm is more than the historic Staudt Farm. The property also includes the mid-18th century Dundore-Hottenstein farm, that was scheduled for demolition in a flood control project and moved to Old Dry Road Farm, along with the bank barn, spring house, log smoke house and granary which stood on the Union Canal. The 19th century log Essig farmhouse was also relocated. The Staudt property is best known for the 1776 “Speicher” a rare, three level log structure — think frontier pantry, refrigerator and kitchen – that was used to prepare food and store grain, meal, bread, meat , tools and other items that were not kept in the house.
Reading Country Club