Website County of Berks
Welcome to the County of Berks!
This is a social casework position in a public children and youth services agency. Employees in this class provide casework services to parents and children in an effort to help them attain a more satisfactory social, economic, emotional or physical adjustment. Employment of casework skills is important in order that essential information is obtained and utilized to counsel clients and members of their families. Work is performed in accordance with established regulations, policies, and procedures.
1. Obtains information from clients, members of their families, and others, necessary for the identification of social, economic, emotional, health or physical problems and for assisting clients in obtaining a wide variety of services on the basis of established policy, regulations and statutes.
2. Provides casework and counseling services to clients and members of their families to aid them in achieving a more satisfactory adjustment to their specific problems or situations.
3. Provides protective and supportive services for abused or neglected children and adults.
4. Prepares documents and provides testimony in court according to agency procedure.
5. Provides protective and supportive services for clients who are in situations detrimental to their well-being or that of the community, or who are undergoing treatment or hospitalization.
6. Participates in developing service plans to address the needs of clients and their families.
7. Continually assess the adequacy of client service plans and revises, when necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
8. Identifies appropriate community resources for clients, and refers and links them to those resources, advocating on their behalf.
9. Works collaboratively with social agencies, hospitals, clinics, courts and other community resources.
10. Teaches clients home and budget management, child care and parenting skills; and assists with housing, employment, recreation and living arrangements, as required.
11. Interprets agency policy.
12. Attends staff meetings.
13. Documents case activity
It is County policy that all interested candidates complete an application to submit with their resume. If you are interested in continuing further with our hiring process, please visit our website:
to complete and submit an application with your resume per the instructions on the website.
Please DO NOT reply to this email address with an attached resume or application.