These are responsible, but supervised, positions involving basic clerical duties, providing support services for all units of BCCYS. Confidentiality is expected in all phases of employment.
1. Typing – Family Service Plans/Reviews, Risk Assessment, Child Permanency Plans.
2. Performs data entry – Activity Slips, screening forms, in-home service invoice reconciliation, etc.
3. Performs miscellaneous typing – transcription, Emergency Petitions/Exhibits for court, in-home reviews, family contacts.
4. Filing – open family files, closed family files, Child Abuse forms.
5. Copying/faxing – court packets, placement referrals, e-mail referrals.
6. Performs receptionist duties – answer telephones, process mail, public contact.
7. Scanning – 1 yr. Closed family files, CPS files, closed adoption, information only referrals.
8. Shredding – all scanned files, used court packets, all confidential paperwork.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or G.E.D. certification from a recognized issuing agency.
· Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Working knowledge and use of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
· Ability to use specialized procedures and equipment, including personal computer.
· Ability to proofread.
· Ability to collect, organize and transfer information according to specific rules.
· Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationship with public and peers.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions with multi-faceted procedures.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to handle stress.
· Physical presence in the office is required.
Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds a distance of fifteen (15) feet or less.
Normal office environment.
This position description serves as a guideline for communicating the essential functions and other information about the position to the applicant/employee. It is not intended to create a binding employment contract nor cover every detail of the position and may be changed where appropriate.
It is County policy that all interested candidates complete an application to submit with their resume. If you are interested in continuing further with our hiring process, please visit our website: