Website County of Berks
Welcome to the County of Berks!
The Treatment Caseworker conducts intake interviews and assessments. Conducts orientation for newly committed inmates. Conducts case-management, which may include performing classification assessment and reassessments, institutional parole summaries, writing referrals,
visitation schedules, and networking on behalf of inmates.
1. Conducts intake interviews, assessment, and screens, which may include the Level of Service Inventory, completes referrals to appropriate programs and services after assessment, and completes classification of inmates within the first 48 hours of admission.
2. Provides orientation to newly committed inmates within the first 48 hours of admission.
3. Organizes, gathers, and creates paperwork for inmate files, and tracks which inmates need completed intakes.
4. Addresses inmate concerns through case-management on units, which may include completing institutional parole summaries and completing classification reassessments.
5. Serves as liaison to community service providers, which may include parole authorities, court officials, and treatment service providers
6. Performs data gathering, record keeping, and limited clerical functions as required, which may include casework notes and reassessment schedules.
7. Collects and date stamps communication forms from units and distributes answered communication forms to inmates.
8. Completes any other duties as assigned by the Deputy Warden of Treatment, Clinical Supervisor, or Treatment Supervisor.