Website County of Berks
Welcome to the County of Berks!
The Nursing Supervisor has the responsibility of assisting in the planning, organizing, developing and directing nursing service in accordance with current applicable federal, state, local, and facility standards, guidelines, and regulations, and as directed by the department director or administration, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
1. Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining nursing objectives and standards and departmental policies/procedures. (Examples: resident care plans, job descriptions, nursing procedures, etc.)
2. Make independent decisions regarding nursing care.
3. Evaluate emergencies and determine emergency measures to be used; implement measures and inform nursing administration.
4. Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing their assigned area, and delegate appropriately to other responsible personnel.
5. Make timely rounds, inspecting the nursing service areas and practices to assure that appropriate resident care is being rendered, and to assure compliance with current applicable policies and regulations.
6. Interpret department policies/procedures to staff, residents, visitors, and family members as necessary and ensure that facility policies are followed at all times.
7. Guide and direct the Charge Nurse in evaluating and assessing medical, social, psychological, restorative, and rehabilitative care plans.
8. Assist and instruct the Charge Nurse and other nursing personnel in performing nursing procedures as necessary.
9. Create and maintain an atmosphere of personal interest and positive reinforcement, as well as a calm environment throughout the units.
10. Assure that nurse’s documentation is informative and descriptive of the nursing care provided and of the resident’s response to care.
11. Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care and employee information to assure that resident and employee rights are protected.
12. Develop and maintain a good working rapport with interdepartmental personnel as well as other departments within the facility to assure that services and activities can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
13. Meet with department personnel in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of services.
14. Meet with nursing administration, medical, and other related departments in planning and coordinating department services, programs, and activities.
15. Review, evaluate, and recommend equipment and supply needs, as well as work force status, on a timely basis to department director or designee.
16. Assist in evaluating and implementing recommendations from the facility’s committees.
(Example: Infection Control, Safety, etc.).
17. Review complaints and grievances and make necessary oral and/or written reports to the appropriate nursing administration.
18. Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the appropriate nursing administration as required.
19. Attend and participate in the professional association’s activities as well as continuing education, seminars, and programs, etc., to keep abreast of current regulations and
guidelines, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the department director or designee.
20. Monitor progression of probationary nursing personnel.
21. Monitor in-service attendance and ensure that staff in assigned area receive all necessary education in order to meet regulations and assure that the highest degree of quality resident care is afforded the residents.
22. Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary.
23. Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the department director or designee.
It is County policy that all interested candidates complete an application to submit with their resume. If you are interested in continuing further with our hiring process, please visit our website:
to complete and submit an application with your resume per the instructions on the website.
Please DO NOT reply to this email address with an attached resume or application.