Website County of Berks
Welcome to the County of Berks!
A RN who assesses, implements and supervises total resident care on a unit by subscribing to Berks Heim Nursing Department Philosophy and Objectives, Standard for Geriatric Nursing Practice, and ANA Code for Nurses (Policy and Procedure #1100-01), as well as following the Pennsylvania Professional Nurse Practice Act and Berks Heim Policies and Procedures. The Charge Nurse is equally responsible to work with the unit staff in maintaining all of the above standards as well as subscribing to Berks Heim philosophy and mission statement as outlined in the Berks Heim Employee Handbook.
1. Directs and evaluates the Resident Care being administered on the unit.
2. Assists in the direct hands-on care.
3. Is responsible for working with all unit employees, including giving orientation to all new employees.
4. Makes out employees’ assignments, break and lunch time schedules.
5. Assesses residents, initiates, and reviews nursing care plans and goals for each resident, recommending and implementing changes as necessary.
6. Implements IV therapy as ordered according to policy/procedure.
7. Administers all medications and nurses’ treatments according to policy/procedure.
8. Receives and transcribes physicians’ telephone orders as necessary.
9. Promotes continuity of care through a positive attitude and good communication and cooperation with other shifts and departments.
10. Makes unit rounds as needed to ensure that every resident is receiving quality care.
11. Does quality assurance (QA) monitoring and reporting.
12. Is responsible for keeping adequate inventory of all supplies on unit.
13. Admits, transfers, and discharges residents.
14. Makes rounds with attending physician, bringing any changes in residents’ condition to his/her attention.
15. Participates in in-service programs on a regular basis. Assigns and monitors unit staff’s attendance at in-services.
16. On 7-3 tour of duty, schedules annual physicals and medication reviews with physician.
17. Maintains all nursing records in a proper and timely manner.
18. Maintains a professional attitude toward residents, families, visitors; dealing with their needs in a proper and tactful manner. As shall be provided by procedures established, notifies families of change in resident’s condition or transfer.
19. Is aware of safety, environmental services and maintenance needs on the unit, bringing them to the attention of appropriate department.
20. Completes evaluations as needed.
21. Conducts unit meetings at least monthly and more frequently according to unit needs.
22. Gives emergency care if needed; notifies supervisor promptly.
23. Refers to appropriate shift routine as needed.
24. Relieves area supervisor as assigned.
25. Monitors the overall operation of the unit (personnel, environmental, equipment and supplies).
It is County policy that all interested candidates complete an application to submit with their resume. If you are interested in continuing further with our hiring process, please visit our website: http://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/HR/Pages/EmploymentOpportunities.aspx to complete and submit an application with your resume per the instructions on the website.
Please DO NOT reply to this email address with an attached resume or application.