Website County of Berks
Welcome to the County of Berks!
A licensed practical nurse who has met all legal requirements for registration in the Commonwealth of
Pennsylvania. (Assumes role of Charge Nurse in absence of unit Charge Nurse.)
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Illustrative only)
To provide quality professional nursing care to residents following established policies and procedures of this
1. Assist Charge Nurse in care and management of unit.
2. Assist in maintaining a therapeutic regimen for all residents on the unit.
3. Assist in reviewing and revising nursing care plans and goals for each resident.
4. Assign and advise personnel assigned to unit in Charge Nurse’s absence.
5. Assist in guidance and orientation of new personnel.
6. Promote continuity of care through good communication and cooperation with other shifts and departments.
7. Make unit rounds in Charge Nurse’s absence to ensure that every resident is receiving quality care.
8. Assist in keeping adequate inventory of supplies on unit.
9. Do quality assurance (QA) monitoring and reporting.
10. Participate in inservice programs on a regular basis. Assigns unit staff to attend in Charge Nurse’s absence.
11. Admit, transfer, and discharge residents.
12. Administer medications and treatments according to LPN Practice Act and Berks Heim policies/procedures.
13. Make rounds with attending physician in Charge Nurse’s absence. Bring any changes in resident’s condition
to his/her attention.
14. Give emergency care if needed; notify Supervisor promptly.
15. Assist in maintaining all nursing records in a proper and timely manner.
16. Maintain a professional attitude toward residents, families, and visitors; dealing with their needs in a proper
and tactful manner.
17. Notify families of change in resident’s condition or transfer in Charge Nurse’s absence or at his/her
18. Be aware of safety, housekeeping, and maintenance needs on the unit, bringing them to the attention of the
19. Refer to appropriate shift routine as needed.
• Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing and has a current license to practice nursing in the
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to cooperate with other department heads and personnel
when assuming relief Charge duties.
It is County policy that all interested candidates complete an application to submit with their resume. If you are interested in continuing further with our hiring process, please visit our website:
to complete and submit an application with your resume per the instructions on the website.
Please DO NOT reply to this email address with an attached resume or application.