Summer solstice has arrived with longer days and warmer nights. It’s a great time to experience all Berks County has to see and do. To kick start your summer fun, we put together PA’s Americana Region Great Stuff Summer Challenge. It’s a checklist filled with weekly activities; everything from adventurous weekends spent outdoors, to staycations with visits to local events and attractions. As you check off the items on your list, we think you’ll agree, Great Stuff Happens Here! And don’t forget to share your experiences on Instagram by tagging us with #visitpaamericana!
Week 2 – “Find a Festival”
Fairs, festivals, food, and family. Attend a festival to complete this week’s Great Stuff Summer Challenge! Grab a funnel cake and enjoy the sounds of live music and family fun on the fairgrounds of one of Berks County’s many community fairs, especially during the week of July 4th when you’re more than likely to see some fireworks. There’s no better way to experience local Berks County and have those special summer moments than with a hot dog in hand and the kids in tow.
- Kutztown Folk Festival 69th Annual, Now through July 8th 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. – A timeless Pennsylvania Dutch experience for the entire family is at this year’s 69th Annual Kutztown Folk Festival.
- Mid-summer Craft Fair & BBQ Fest, July 7th 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Come browse the wares of over 300 local and regional craftsmen displaying a wide variety of arts and handicrafts. Throughout our indoor, sheltered and open-air displays, you will be able to find any craft you desire. Plus, enjoy the various food vendors and delicious bakeries open for your dining pleasure.
- Freedom Fest-Dealer Demo Ride Event, July 7th 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. – Test ride all 2018 Harley-Davidson model and take a ride in the RAM MONSTER TRUCK. There will be live original music, and the Great American Hot Dog Grill. This is a Reading Bike Hub Fundraiser.
- Greater Mifflin Community Days, July 2nd-7th – The Greater Mifflin Community Days fair is held on the campus of the Governor Mifflin Middle and Senior High Schools. There are more than 45 food and game stands as well as amusement rides. Nightly entertainment is provided free of charge. The week-long event ends on the Saturday following the 4th of July with a fabulous fireworks display.
- First Friday Downtown Beer Garden, July 6th 5-10 p.m. – Featuring live art, beer garden, regional musicians, and gourmet food trucks in Downtown Reading!
- 14th Annual Berks Celtic Fest, July 21st 11 a.m.-9 p.m. – Come enjoy a day of Celtic music, drink entertainment and family fun. The Berks Celtic Fest is a summer celebration of Celtic heritage held annually by the Berks County Irish American Fraternal Association. Music, dancers, pipes and drums and other entertainment begin at 11:30 am and continue all day. Don’t miss this unique Berks County festival.